Local PPC Management
All PPC activity below a national market level is essentially either local or regional. Our research indicates that local PPC campaigns deliver a higher conversion rate and provide a higher return on ad spend than national based PPC.
Why local PPC is valuable for both B2C and B2B PPC
- Our analytics research has shown that local PPC tends to deliver a higher level of conversions than national PPC. In many markets customers prefer local suppliers to those that may be based elsewhere.
- In one piece of advertising effectiveness research, search terms that contained a local component and landed on a page with geographically specific content, delivered a 250% increase in ROAS.
- Your local PPC campaigns can be organised and operated at district council, county or regional level e.g. Ashford, Kent or South-East England.
- You can use county, city or district-based targeting e.g. London or Maidstone.
- Radius targeting – Pick a location, such as a town or post code, and operate your campaign within a certain radius of miles.
- Activity can be based on a cluster of post codes.
Local PPC Geography
Local PPC campaign geography can be highly flexible. Upweight or down-weight PPC bids for certain locations. Focus activity into an area such as London inside the M25. Alternatively, you could exclude a specific location entirely.
Local Test Marketing
Local or regional PPC can also be used as part of a roll-out or test marketing strategy. We have clients that have PPC campaigns operating in 25 different geographic locations. Each with different keywords, ads, bid levels and localised landing pages.
Upweighting Local Marketing Activity
Local PPC management can also be an effective use of limited budgets. Rather than thinly spreading a limited budget across the whole of the UK, you could have the benefit a heavyweight campaign restricted to a limited area.
Local PPC and SEO is particularly useful for targeting users of mobile devices. This is because about 50% of mobile-based searches have local content. Many using localised geographic terms or the “near me” suffix. These searches are particularly valuable as a higher proportion, compared to desktop-based searches lead to an actual sale, store visit or other conversion.
Simply Clicks is a PPC agency that has been providing localised and geographically targeted PPC services for almost 20 years.